EHC-D Tour of the Center – Day 1
Our medical program reflects the principle that each patient is unique. We recognize that one individual’s environmental exposures and resulting symptoms can be different from that of another person. Through careful evaluation, analyzing environmental, biochemical, and nutritional factors, we create an individualized treatment program for each patient aimed at achieving the goal of optimal health. During this process, each patient is encouraged to participate by contributing, self –observations, pertinent medical laboratory findings, and personal insights.
Day One begins with your meeting with the new patient coordinator who will discuss with you:
Day One Objectives
- Discussion of your individualized treatment plan with the new patient coordinator.
- Understand this treatment plan as it correlates with your symptoms, their causes, and your recovery.
- Understand the importance of your appointment schedule and its inclusion of skin testing, lab analyses, diagnostic tests, nutrition, and education.
- Familiarize yourself with the different areas of the clinic and the different resources available to you including the American Environmental Health Foundation.
- Discuss with the coordinator the lab work ordered by the physician.
Lab work scheduled by the physician. Express any financial concerns or financial limitations. Express any time limitations. Have the lab drawn. Understand the importance of the lab work and its relationship to your disease process and recovery. ( Note: All patients are required to have recent lab tests, including HIV and Hepatitis, to evaluate the immune system, and your symptom response to treatment.)
- Read the patient Outpatient Manual and other materials presented to you by the coordinator.
- Sign out at the front desk as you will do each day.
- Remember to sign in Day 2.
- Familiarize yourself with the resources available in the Center at the store (American Environmental Health Foundation).
- Read the patient workbook and manual given to you by the Patient Coordinator.
- Formulate questions for the physician and other staff members.
Try the selection of glass bottled spring water, browse through the organic food choices, healthy bedding, and comfortable clothing selections, safe household cleaning products, books to buy, air filters, the selection of personal hygiene products and check our all the many nutritional supplements.
Become a member of the Foundation and receive a 10% discount on most items.