Mold and Mycotoxins

Have you been exposed to mold and mycotoxins? Do you have mold sensitivity?
  • Do musty odors bother you?
  • Have you worked or lived in a building where the air vents were discolored?
  • Have you noticed water damage or discoloration on ceilings or elsewhere?
  • Has your home been flooded?
  • Have you had leaks in the roof?
  • Do you experience shortness of breath?
  • Do you experience recurring sinus infections?
  • Do you experience recurring bronchial infections and coughing?
  • Do you have flu-like symptoms?
  • Do you notice an increase of symptoms on rainy days?
  • Do you have frequent headaches?
  • Are you fatigued and have a skin rash?

The Environmental Health Center-Dallas is a leader in the field for recognizing, diagnosing, and treating exposure to mold and its mycotoxins.  We use accurate and concise laboratory analyses and diagnostic procedures to determine the effect of mold and mycotoxins on all parameters of the patient’s health.

A person’s hypersensitivity response to mold and mycotoxins is accurately determined through individual intradermal screening of each mold.  Molds are skin tested one at a time so an accurate treatment dose can encompass both skin response as well as symptom response to each individual mold. Several species of the most allergenic molds are also skin tested and treated to afford the patient more complete coverage of the mold’s allergic potential.

There is another dimension to mold exposure.  It is the exposure to the chemical or mycotoxin produced by many molds.  There are over 400 mycotoxins, most of which are cytotoxic.  These fungal toxins are volatile organic compounds which are similar in structure to ketones, aldehydes, alcohols, and aromatic and aliphatic hydrocarbons.  These fungal chemicals can be acutely or chronically toxic depending on the kind and amount of toxin exposure.  These fungal toxins are lipid soluble and thus can be stored in organs and tissue producing serious health effects.  These effects can include skin and pulmonary infections.  They can be toxic to the liver, kidneys, and nervous system.  They can suppress the immune system and can be carcinogenic.

Thus mold exposure is spore exposure which can elicit allergic responses and chemical exposure which can be linked to organ damage.

So if you have experienced exposure to Aspergillius, Penicillium, Stachybotrys, Chaetomium, Rhizopus, Trichoderma or other mycotoxin producing saprophytic molds, you need expert diagnosis and treatment.

How Are Mold Exposure and Mold Sensitivity Diagnosed?

History and Physical

Blood Tests

  • CBC with Differential
  • Comprehensive Metabolic Profile
  • Immunoglobulins
  • Complements
  • T and B Lymphocyte Panel
  • ANA
  • Venous Blood Gas

Other Tests

  • Pulmonary Function Test
  • Thermography
  • Heart Rate Variability
  • Urine Evaluation to Determine Presence of Mycotoxins in the Body
  • DNA Tissue Analysis
  • Skin Testing of 19 Molds and 3 Mycotoxins
  • Stool Analysis for Fungus
  • Sinus and Sputum Cultures for Fungal Infections
How Is Mold Exposure and Mold Sensitivity Treated?
  • Immunotherapy Derived from Preservative Free Skin Testing of Molds and Mycotoxins
  • Low Mold Diet
  • Auto vaccines Created from Cultures
  • Anti fungal Medications
  • Deep Heat Chamber Chemical Depuration
  • Oral and IV Administration of Specific Nutrients Needed for Detoxification
  • Oxygen Therapy
  • Proper Remediation Procedures for Remediation of Home and Belongings
  • Immune Modulation Created from Your Own T Lymphocytes (ALF)
  • Creation of an Environment Accommodating to Your Sensitivities
  • Gamma Globulin Injections

The Environmental Health Center-Dallas understands the complexity of mold exposure.  This knowledge enables them to perform concise diagnostic and laboratory analyses in order to respond to the complex treatment needs of each person.  Treatment of persons who have suffered chronic or acute mold and mycotoxin exposure can include oxygen therapy, immunotherapy, detoxification therapy, nutrient therapy, and immune therapy directed at improving and regulating the immune system.

Let the Environmental Health Center-Dallas assist you on your road to recovery from mold and mycotoxin exposure.  The correct choice is the multifaceted approach of a proven professional.

To enable you to better understand mold and mycotoxins the Environmental Health Center-Dallas is offering the following information to you.  One article is “Mitogenic effects of mycotoxins on T 4 lymphocytes, and a small book entitled Fungus, Mold and Mycotoxins is also available.  To order, please contact the American Environmental Health Foundation at 1-800-428-2343 or 214-361-9515.