Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT) is performed with a “brain specific” radionuclide. This agent crosses the blood brain barrier and remains fixed in the brain. This phenomenon provides an accurate map of regional cerebral physiology.
Our high quality three-camera SPECT Scan unit provides outstanding three-dimensional views for a more detailed, accurate scan evaluation – much greater than standard single camera models.
SPECT Scan is being used successfully in the evaluation of these clinical situations:
- Differentiating dementia Alzheimer’s from other clinical mimickers: depression, multi-infarct dementia
- Assessment for cerebro-vascular disease
- Prognosis of completed stroke
- Mapping seizure disorders
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Drug/alcohol abuse
- Toxic substance exposure
- Recent or old trauma (concussion)