The Environmental Health Center-Dallas recognizes and shares in the tragedy presented by hurricanes Harvey and Irma.
We are here to help.
Here are a few suggestions:
- Discard water soaked items. Wood furniture should be sanded and refinished.
- Wet wallboard or sheetrock needs to be removed and discarded.
- Clothing must be dry cleaned or washed in ivory soap and borax. This wash should be followed by a wash in CitraSafe.
- Tennis shoes need to be washed as described above.
- Caution should be exercised in keeping and wearing leather shoes which have been water damaged.
- Recovery of water soaked vinyl and leather furniture is very suspect.
- Your water for drinking and cooking only should be glass bottled spring water.
- Discard jars and vitamins in bottles which have been under water. This includes antigens which have been without refrigeration or under water.
If you develop new symptoms, unexplained symptoms, or an exacerbation of old symptoms, please call us for an appointment. We can provide:
- Blood and urine tests to assess health issues related to chemicals such as volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and to molds and mycotoxins
- Skin testing and treatment for allergens related to water intrusion
- IV and oral nutrient therapy to aid in the detoxification of volatile organic compounds
- IV and oral nutrient therapy to assist you toward recovery from exposure to molds and mycotoxins
- Guidelines for proper mold remediation
- Tests to determine mold contamination
- Air quality studies to detect the presence of VOCs in indoor air.
The Environmental Health Center can provide laboratory tests and treatment for health issues related to water intrusion and exposure to toluene, benzene and other VOCs. Please contact 214-373-5146.