The Environmental Health Center – Dallas is a premier environmental health provider offering a unique, innovative, nontoxic approach to the solution of human health problems related to environmental pollutant exposure, including chemical and electromagnetic sensitivity. The center is considered by many people to be one of the pioneers and a recognized world authority on the manipulation of the patient’s environment.
We use natural and various treatment methods to solve individuals’ and groups’ sensitivity problems that have occurred from environmental pollutant overload. We have experience in diagnosing and treating more than 40,000 environmentally sensitive patients with our innovative techniques.In our treatment process, we have developed less-toxic building technology and have evaluated, aided in construction, or advised on the remodeling of more than 20,000 private and public buildings.
This experience makes us one of the most experienced and innovative groups in the world on the subject of less-toxic buildings. Our laboratory has been a leader in the development of tests for defining the problem of chemical and electromagnetic sensitivity. We have developed in our own laboratory or in conjunction with other groups, practical and reliable analyses of blood levels of toxic chemicals, T&B lymphocytes, cell cycles and phagocytic indices, the management of vitamin, mineral, and amino acid levels, computerized balance testing, brain metabolism assessments by means of SPECT scans, objective autonomic nervous system evaluation through the heart rate variability, psychological brain function tests and peripheral sensory nerve evaluation.
We are the pioneers in the use of inhaled challenges of commonly encountered concentrations of chemicals, as well as the electromagnetic fixed EMF challenge and we, have performed more than 15,000 ambient dose inhaled challenges and hundreds of EMF tests. Our facility is designed and operated utilizing our less-toxic techniques and has a unique construction using low outgassing materials including porcelain fused on steel, aluminum, hardwood, plaster and ceramic tile. The air and water de-pollution devices used in our office were developed in conjunction with commercial companies and the monitoring devices are part of techniques developed by the Environmental Health Center – Dallas.
Our vast experience in treating the chemically sensitive patient includes people from the Alaskan oil spills, Desert Storm (British and American soldiers), 911 victims of other large exposures and those individuals who have become ill at home or work from exposures to carpets, paints, pesticides, solvents, formaldehydes, and many other chemical agents.
Exposures and the resulting sensitivity can trigger a variety of symptoms. One of our areas of expertise includes heart problems. With cardiovascular disease, EHC-D physicians work especially in the diagnosis and treatment of vasculitis, cardiac arrhythmia, Raynaud’s disease and related phenomena, Burger’s disease, recurrent thrombophlebitis, and pulmonary embolism. We also frequently address the surgical and medical aspects of arteriosclerosis and reflex sympathetic dystrophy.
Since its inception in 1974, center physicians have worked in the diagnosis and treatment of inflammatory vascular disease and its relationship to pollutants in air, food, and water. Etiology can now be defined in many cases. The removal of causes along with nutrient treatment, dietary manipulation, injection therapy, acupuncture, homeopathy, oxygen therapy, and immune modulations can usually restore health to patients in a non-toxic manner.
The techniques that we have developed for these patients involve programs of appropriate avoidance of pollutants in air, food, and water; injection therapy for the relief of secondary sensitivities to food and biological inhalants (molds, pollens, etc.), as well as some chemicals; nutritional therapy both parenteral and oral; heat depuration, immune, modulators; physical therapy (sauna, massage, exercise), and autogenous immune factor. The autogenous lymphocyte factor (ALF) was discovered and developed at the EHC-Dallas.
- Skin challenge tests for sensitivities to molds, pollens, dust, danders, terpenes, intestinal peptide, plant phenols, food and chemicals. Preservative free, standardized and customized antigens are used. Preservative free vaccines of almost any substance can be made for the patient at the EHC-Dallas. Cell mediated immunity — test delayed 48 hour function. The patient can have personalized vaccines made of almost any substance.
- Oral challenge tests for foods and chemicals.
- Inhaled ambient dose chemical challenges.
- Evaluation of the autonomic nervous system through the Heart Rate Variability Analysis (HRV).
- Breath Air Analysis – for air analysis for volatile organic compounds from pulmonary alveolar membrane.
- Fractional Exhaled citric Oxide (FENO) test to measure airway inflammation.
- Computerized Balance Tests for inner ear and brain toxicity.
- Psychological – brain function evaluation.
- Exercise Stress Testing – the EHC-D is one of the few sites in the world that provides environmentally controlled conditions for heart and lung evaluation of cardiac arrhythmias, atrial and ventricular fibrillations, and heart failure, including cardiomyopathy.
- Pulmonary function testing for oxygen status for tissue level of oxygen, respiratory restrictive deficits, asthma, and fibrosis.
- Blood analysis for:
- Immune Function – immunoglobulins, T&B lymphocytes, T-cell functions, cell cycles, phagocytic index and autoimmune tests.
- Blood Toxic Chemical Levels
- Aliphatic Hydrocarbons Solvents: pentanes, hexanes, heptane
- Aromatic Solvents: benzene, xylene, toluene, trimethylbenzene, and others
- Aliphatic Chlorinated Solvents: dichloromethane, dichlorobenzene, chloroform, trichloroethylene, trichloroethane, tetrachloroethylene, etc.
- Chlorinated: Pesticides
- PCB pentachlorophenol, chloradene, DDT, B-BHC.
- Vitamin, Mineral, Amino Acids, Lipids.
- Heavy Metal Analysis for Lead, Mercury, Nickel Cadmium, and other metals are available.
- Air Analysis Indoor – bacteria and mold testing.
- Mold testing kits for the home or office.
- Nutrition – dietary analysis.
- General Medical Evaluation.
- Surgical Evaluations.
- Peripheral Oxygen Status – tissue oxygenation.
- Eye and Lens Evaluations.
- Electromagnetic Challenge Testing.
- Thermography and Sonograph.
- SPECT scan.
- General medical and minor surgical services.
- Appropriate pollutant avoidance of substances in air, food, water.
- Immunotherapy: injection therapy for biological inhalants (molds, pollen, and other substances (food, some chemicals).
- Nutrition – dietary manipulation – rotary diets, macrobiotic diets, caveman diets.
- oral individual vitamin, mineral, amino acids and lipid supplementation.
- parenteral nutrition for caloric and specific nutrient deficiency.
- Heat depuration and physical therapy consisting of:
- especially designed heat (sauna) chambers so that no toxic exposure will occur.
- massage under environmentally controlled conditions.
- exercise under environmentally controlled conditions.
- physical therapy under environmentally controlled conditions.
- Autogenous immune and non immune modulators, like autogenous bacterial and fungal vaccines.
- Psychological support services.
- acupuncture – to regulate ground regulation system and relieve pain.
- Microcurrent therapy – restores normal frequencies within the cells, resulting in improvements in pain, inflammation and function.
- Oxygen therapy – this is a modification after the German technique of Professor Van Ardenne for treatment of the Chemically Sensitive, for those with brain dysfunction and arteriosclerotic disease, and a lack of energy.
- Energy Balancing.