Irritable Bowel syndrome is a disorder involving the normal motility and functioning of the bowel. It is not uncommon as 1 in 5 Americans can have some form of the syndrome. It is a problem in which the nerves and muscles of the bowel are adversely affected. This disorder can manifest itself in cramping, bloating, diarrhea, constipation, and abdominal pain.
The bowel has many nerves which connect to the brain. Its function is partly controlled by the autonomic nervous system and reflects our perception and adaptation to our environment. Thus stress, a toxic body burden, and sensitivities can affect and cause this syndrome. The bowel is a reflection of our sense of well being and our sensitivities.
Irritable bowel syndrome is frequently treated with anti depressants, anti spasmodics, anti diarrheals and dietary changes. These standard dietary changes involve increased fiber with elimination of dairy and gluten.
If medications and dietary modification do not eliminate the syndrome or if the individual cannot tolerate the recommended treatments, what other options are available?
The Environmental Health Center-Dallas has been successfully treating Irritable Bowel Syndrome for over 40 years.
The Environmental Health Center-Dallas:
- Can perform a diagnostic procedure to evaluate the functioning of the autonomic nervous system
- Can perform lab analyses to analyze bowel health with investigation of digestive enzymes, parasites, bacteria, and Candida
- Can perform laboratory procedures to determine a toxic body burden of chemicals, pesticides, or heavy metals
- Can perform skin testing to determine allergic responses
- Can perform laboratory analysis of neurotransmitters which affect stress and bowel motility.
The Environmental Health Center-Dallas will determine the cause of Irritable Bowel and treat the cause to eliminate the symptoms.
Treatments can include:
- Skin testing to counteract food sensitivity, chemicals, molds, and pollens
- Oxygen therapy for tissue healing and detoxification
- IV therapy of nutrients to improve immune response and facilitate detoxification
- Deep heat chamber chemical depuration
- Nutritional counseling to improve bowel flora and create a diet accommodating to your sensitivities
- Psychological support
- Skin testing and treatment of neurotransmitters
- Skin testing and treatment of intestinal peptides
- Creation of an environment accommodating to your sensitivities
The Environmental Health Center-Dallas can effectively treat Irritable Bowel Syndrome while avoiding the use of many strong medications.